Friday, March 25, 2011

Greek Pasta Salad

The weather has been warming up so I was craving a pasta salad. I looked around the web for some recipes and finally found a few I liked. I took a little of this one, and a little of that one and finally came up with this. So yummy! I just couldn't get enough of this dish. Perfect for a summer night.
Ingredients
  • 1 Pkg of pasta (I used whole wheat bow tie)
  • a couple green onions (optional, I left them out b/c my kids aren't fond of them, but they would be tasty)
  • 8oz raw milk feta cheese, grated or crumbled
  • 2-3 tomatoes, diced
  • 1 cucumber, diced
  • 1-2 handfuls fresh spinach
  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1-2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced (best to marinate in olive oil, balsamic vinegar and spices, but I didn't think that far ahead)
  • Spices to taste (sea salt, pepper, garlic powder and basil)

Cook your pasta, drain and rinse in cold water to chill. Then add tomatoes, cucumbers and spinach. Mix your oil & vinegar with spices to taste in a jar or shaker. Shake well then pour over pasta mix. Toss well and chill for 1-2 hours (or even overnight).

No comments:

Post a Comment